The CloudBeaver server is a Java application. It is based on the OSGI framework and utilizes several Eclipse bundles.
Back-end parts depend on DBeaver.
DBeaver is a multiplatform desktop application. It is also based on OSGI/Eclipse.
Cloudbeaver uses a "headless" part of it - everything related to database connectivity and project management.
In order to build a CloudBeaver server you need to build DBeaver first. All DBeaver artefacts will be put in a local Maven repository so that CloudBeaver will see its dependencies. You can see
deploy/build.sh script for details.
DBeaver relies on Java 8 language level and compile target.
However, the default Java version is OpenJDK 11. Maven 3.6+ is our default Java build system.
- Equinox as OSGi container.
- Eclipse Platform for virtual file system and plugin management.
- Jetty as a web server.
- Java GraphQL as a front-end communication API.
- DBeaver as database management platform.
- Various 3rd party bundles with database drivers
In the CloudBeaver Community we support only free and open-source databases. Such as:
We will add more database drivers support in future versions.